BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUG SDK BUG doesn't show up in Dragonfly

Subscribe to BUG doesn't show up in Dragonfly  2 posts, 1 voice

May 23, 2009 11:03pm
User_img_not_found_04_med syriven 7 posts

I got my BUG in the mail a few days ago, and have been tentatively playing around with it. Since I’m vaguely familiar at best with a lot of what BUG uses (Java, eclipse/dragonfly, ssh), the going has been slow. So it could be I’m missing something. But anyway, when I plug the BUG into my computer, turn the BUG on, and start Eclipse/Dragonfly, it no longer shows up in Dragonfly’s “My BUGs” window. However, I can still connect to the BUG via ssh.

I can’t think of what would have caused this, but I’ve tried restarting the bug, restarting the computer, and plugging the BUG into a different USB port on my computer (which caused me to reinstall the driver, which didn’t help either).

Right now I’m downloading a fresh install of Eclipse, and will update to the latest Dragonfly, to see if that works. I’m posting this while I’m waiting; I figured that if this does fix it, this post will be here so others who have the same problem will know how to fix it.

May 24, 2009 1:01am
User_img_not_found_04_med syriven 7 posts

Well, I signed on to IRC and asked finsprings for help. We worked on it for somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour, using ssh, and finally we discovered that a program I had been messing around with was closing the java VM when it should have just been closing itself down.

I had read that you shouldn’t use System.exit(0), because it will shutdown the whole java VM, but I guess I had that command in there from earlier and forgot to take it out. I changed System.exit(0) to a simple break, and that fixed it.

So that’s that. For the record, finsprings was incredibly helpful throughout the whole process.

Forums BUG SDK BUG doesn't show up in Dragonfly