BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUG SDK problem building kernel

Subscribe to problem building kernel  11 posts, 7 voices , Tagged: libtool-native config error

May 23, 2009 1:34pm
User_img_not_found_03_med minusw 13 posts

I am new to this project and I am having problems trying to build a kernel.

I check out a new tree and it always fails trying to build libtools-native.

Checked out external at revision 6227
Checked out revision 9178

libtool-native_1.5.10
——————————
do_fetch
do_unpack

automake-native_1.9.6
——————————

do_qa_configure
do_compile
do_install
do_populate_staging

libtool-native_1.5.10
——————————-
do_patch
do_configure
do_qa_configure
do_compile    ERROR: function do_compile failed

configure: error: source directory already configured; run “make distclean” there first

Any ideas or suggestions?

thanks, bk….

May 23, 2009 5:01pm
Medium Bug Labs team agordon 74 posts

@minusw,

I’m assuming that you’re using the instructions at http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Kernel_a… .

It would help to know a little about your build environment, like which OS you’re running, and what the last command was that you typed before seeing this error.  I’m assuming it was “bitbake linux-bug”.

If that’s the case, I’d probably recommend trying something like “bitbake -c dist-clean libtool-native” and/or “rm -rf tmp/work//libtool-native” then “bitbake libtool-native”.  If that compiles properly, then try your “bitbake linux-bug” command again.

Feel free to drop into the #buglabs channel in freenode IRC if you’re looking for more realtime support from developers and other BUG users.  If you’re not familiar with IRC, we have a web-based client on our support page at http://buglabs.net/support that will drop you straight into our channel.

May 24, 2009 2:18pm

I am running fc9 and the command issued was bitbake linux-bug.

I am also using the bitbake command that was checked out in the tree.

With the command bitbake -c dist-clean libtool-native, I get this (I also tried distclean)

ERROR: Task do_dist-clean does not exist for target libtool-native

I was able to do a clean on it, but that did not help.

Removing the tmp work directory also did not help.

So, are you able to pull a new tree, reinstate-build-evn and then bitbake linux-bug and it works?

There are a handful of packages that seem to build OK before it gets to libtool-native.

bk…

May 25, 2009 7:11am
Medium Bug Labs team kgilmer 215 posts

Hi Bk,

If you followed the directions on the wiki page you’re trying to build R1.5, our next major release that’s still pretty green.  I’ve updated the build wiki page with information is to finding the branch most relevent to you.  Please take a look and see if perhaps you should be using a different branch:

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Kernel_a…

As for your build issue, I have not seen that one before.  But I am usually working against R1.4.1.x.

hope that helps,

ken

May 25, 2009 12:50pm

I tried r1.4 production with the same results.

configure: error: source directory already configured; run “make distclean” there first

When I try to do a bitbake -c distclean libtool-native, I get:

ERROR: Task do_distclean does not exist for target libtool-native

From my point of view, it looks like it is more of an issue with libtool-native-1.5.10-r9 package.

I have never used bitbake before.  Is there an easy way to me to point to a different libtool-native version?

bk…

May 25, 2009 6:52pm

Resolved!  I found my problem on an open embedded forum.

I had a symlink in my working directory.

All seems well and the build is well on its way.

thanks, bk…

May 25, 2009 7:16pm
Medium Bug Labs team kgilmer 215 posts

Hi Bk,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.  Regarding more information about Bitbake, the links contained in the External Resources section of the build guide are a good place to get started.

thx

ken

Aug 14, 2012 2:02am
User_img_not_found_06_med rubing 103 posts

Isn’t it funny how we www.coachfactorystoreec.com/ Coach Factory Store always want what we can’t have? The girl with the round and pert backside wishes that her rear were 5 times smaller. Meanwhile, the girl with the non existent posterior wishes to achieve a larger butt. Well, if the grass is greener on the other side, just water yours! If you’ve got a small behind, you can create the illusion of a larger one with butt enhancing jeans. Here’s how to do it. Look for light weight denim – This material is very stiff and heavy. If you try to stuff a flat butt into denim jeans, it will only create a flatter looking behind. A little stretch goes a long way – Your butt enhancing jeans should additionally contain some stretch. A mixture of 98 percent cotton and 2 percent lycra is best. This combination of lycra and cotton, especially when it’s in a nice tight-weave fabric that’s fitted through the hip and thigh area will help lift your buttocks. Too much lycra and your jeans may start to ripple like a pair of leggings. If there’s not enough cotton content, there won’t be enough structure to hold you up. It’s all in the pockets – The most effective trick for creating the illusion of a bigger butt is to choose jeans with flap pockets. The added bulk of the flap will enhance and add dimension to your tiny tush. True Religion is notoriously famous for their flap pocket designs. You can also try Hudson, Rock & Republic, Frankie B and Paige for addition flap pocket styles. Pocket placement – If you’re not a fan of flap pockets, or if you’ve already bought too many of them, you can also try denim with regular pockets. Be sure to aim for a pair with smaller pockets that sit higher and this will help make your rear look lifted. Cut is also important – Look for jeans with a slight tapering at www.coachfactoryonliness.com/ Coach Factory Online the knee, such as a straight leg or skinny style. This cut will make your bum look a bit larger in comparison to the rest of your body. Great styles to try are True Religion Billy, Julie or Stella, Siwy Harmah or Rose, and Hudson Emily or Paige. How low can you go – Actually, you don’t want to go too low when it comes to the jean rise. The goal is to project more, not less. A pair of low rise denim will only reduce the size of your rear. Instead, opt for a pair with a medium rise. Color me right – Since dark colors minimize, dark denim and indigo will create a slimming effect. You do not want this kind of effect on your barely there behind! Try to find light colored or medium blue denim. Grey is very flattering and will also work. Like a great bra, butt enhancing jeans can also lift and www.coachfactoryoutletusa.com/ Coach Factory Outlet separate what little you have. So it wasn’t in your genes to have a nice, round bottom. Big deal. Be happy with what you’ve got and just improvise!

Aug 17, 2012 8:26pm
User_img_not_found_05_med shenghuo 86 posts

http://www.greatlouisvuittonsbags.com/ louis vuitton Handbags
http://www.louisvuittonpursebags.org/ Louis Vuitton Bags
http://www.louisvuittonsonlineshop.org/ Louis Vuitton Outlet Online
http://www.hermesoutletsus.net/ hermes outlet
http://www.cheap-suprashoe.net/ cheap supra shoes
http://www.officiallouisvuittonzones.net/ louis vuitton outlet

Oct 24, 2012 1:36am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the most fashionable in this year.On the date when the Louis Vuitton UK on sale, all people will pour into the stores. At this time, it on the booths will be wiped out, and only one or two days the seller will declare that there is no stock anymore.

Oct 31, 2012 10:58pm
User_img_not_found_01_med yiyi 74 posts

and credit card contracts; honestly evaluating consumer products and services;
and publishing consumer complaints and businesses’ responses thereto; studying
various various

replica louis vuitton
handbags

various consumer trends; developing, implementing and enforcing
rules and regulations are pro-consumer and not anti-legitimate business.While
all of this is is real
jordans
is yet a work in progress, there has never been more auspicious
moment as the one the CFPB is now now cheap louis vuitton
handbags
now providing to Americans of every socio-economic variety
for consumer Therefore, as we are demanding the business become more accountable
accountable

louis vuitton
outlet

accountable to the American people, it is now our turn demand
greater accountability of ourselves. It is time for a a cheap designer handbags a paradigm
shift in our thinking.Here are five indications you an adult in the world of
credit: cheap replica
louis vuitton handbags
Olympics: U.S. vs. China: The New Cold WarYe
Shiwen’s Performance Raises Suspicions of DopingBy JEFFREY KOFMANLONDON, July
31, 2012 2012 cheap
authentic jordans
2012 Is China the new Soviet Union at the
Olympics? sure is looking like it today.At the center of this this

cheap authentic air
jordans

this new Cold War is Ye Shiwen, a 16-year-old Chinese who came