BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUG SDK Ubuntu Hardy + Dragonfly SDK tips

Subscribe to Ubuntu Hardy + Dragonfly SDK tips  6 posts, 4 voices

Jun 10, 2008 10:42am
Medium Bug Labs team kschultz 107 posts

Some people are getting an error involving libmawt.so on Ubuntu Hardy.

Detailed here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/xorg-server/+bug/185311

John found this solution and posted it on irc:

For java5:

sudo sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.15/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so

For java6:

sudo sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.06/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so
Jun 10, 2008 2:30pm
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

kschultz
Some people are getting an error involving libmawt.so on Ubuntu Hardy.

Detailed here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/xorg-server/+bug/185311

John found this solution and posted it on irc:

Good thinking Kevin. :wink:

Now that you mention it, I should document that I've also run into problems on Ubuntu Hardy because it uses Firefox 3 by default. Some of the libs for firefox have been moved around and Eclipse uses mozilla for its internal browser rendering engine. This breaks things. So if you run into problems using Eclipse to, say, sign up for a new account or searching for applications and you get an error message to the effect of:

"Unhandled loop exception: MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME not set."

I've found a number of workarounds for this. The first being the easiest and most obvious (but rarely actually working):

$ export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/share/firefox

Next, also an easy fix which has worked for me:

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/share/firefox/components/:/usr/share/firefox:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH Depending on where your firefox components and rootdir are, this should be different. Add it to .bashrc for persistence.

If this doesn't work, try installing xulrunner. That has solved it just about every time for me.

$ sudo apt-get install xulrunner

If you're still having problems, definitely reply on this thread. I'd like to work this out.
Jun 11, 2008 9:19am
Medium Bug Labs team jconnolly 285 posts

jconnolly
If you're still having problems, definitely reply on this thread. I'd like to work this out.

Oh why not just throw it all out there:

Sometimes when I upgrade SDK versions, or just when I restart eclipse, I get a ton of compilation problems in my workspace. Things telling me that my ServiceTracker classes must override abstract methods inherited from ServiceTrackerCustomizer and the like. Which is nonsense. I know it's nonsense because I override AbstractServiceTracker, which itself overrides the methods coming up in my compilation errors.

Anyway, the long and short of it is:

Right click on your project. Select "Close project". Then right-click on it again, and select "Open project". Voila, compilation silliness vanishes. Alex can give a more technical answer to exactly why this happens, but I just wanted to throw a solution out there, in the case that our other loyal BUG users have encountered similar anomalies.

Now, if I could only use this to banish all compilation problems.... :roll:
Sep 2, 2012 9:57pm
User_img_not_found_02_med yeti531 28 posts

cheap
designer handbags
’ quality is very good, the materials are the same as the
genuine brand handbags, and its production and processing processes are in
strict accordance with the process of genuine production. we guarantee the best
quality, newest design, and cheapest price cheap handbags. Welcome to
our online sales shop, where you can always buy the most affordable price to a
your favorite handbags Wholesale

Oct 24, 2012 2:00am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,Coach Outlet Online Julia Bags can show the customers'unique personality.Tiffany UK grabbed the globe, stands out as the celeb on their favorite stars luxury type, granted an innovative simple move the pavement luxury, complete with luxury.In terms of the quality and superior design that make more and more customers are satisfied to Coach Factory Online.Welcome!hat experts claim Coach Outlet Online shopping is in the changes they are available in.As long as you open our Coach Factory Outlet webpage, you will view various Coach New Arrivals which are the most popular also the most fashionable in this year.On the date when the Louis Vuitton UK on sale, all people will pour into the stores. At this time, it on the booths will be wiped out, and only one or two days the seller will declare that there is no stock anymore.

Oct 24, 2012 4:17am
User_img_not_found_01_med qazqazqaz 469 posts

Remember that the right accessories can enhance your alluring look with your Canada Goose Parkas Outlet.Baggy, ovoid shaped Canada Goose Jackets Outlet that are rounded around the shoulders look fabulous and can be a perfect match for you.This excellent conviction so that you class gets to amateur Canada Goose Outlet In a number of Parka, for example Young Canada Goose affordable Cardigan.Luxury has always been synonymous with fur and leather and this year a faux fur Canada Goose Jackets Outlet will surely be the key piece of your wardrobe.

Forums BUG SDK Ubuntu Hardy + Dragonfly SDK tips