BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUG SDK Getting Ap working on real bug

Subscribe to Getting Ap working on real bug  6 posts, 2 voices

Mar 20, 2008 11:37am
Img_missing_medium tevslin 16 posts

My physical BUGis working. I downloaded the AWTTutorial for BUG and the MY BUGs window shows the app there and the LCD installed.

Now how do I get it to execute on BUG? XWindows is showing on the LCD but the ap oesn’t show up on the menu or in icon manager – only xeyes.

Had this problem yesterday with the calculator and it mysteriously appeared after awhile but not so with the tutorial.

Thanks.

Mar 20, 2008 2:50pm

More on this. I downloaded SimpleGUI to the BUG and it appeared and worked fine.

Then I tried deleting it and adding AWTTutorial using the My Bugs Window for the delete. The Window showed that this had happened but the SimpleGUI application remained active on the LCD of the BUG and AWTTutorial was nowehere to be seen on the BUG even though My BUGs said it was the only app there.

Mar 20, 2008 5:02pm
Medium Bug Labs team agordon 74 posts

Hi, Tom.

I just spoke with one of our engineers who informed me that there may be an issue with the hardware (specifically, the BUGbase) that could cause some of these LCD display issues, and we’re receiving some new hardware in the next couple of days that we can test to see if it fixes this issue. If you do in fact have a unit that is affected by this issue, we’ll make sure to get you a replacement unit ASAP.

As I understand it, we’re also working on implementing some changes at the X windowing system configuration and configs in the embedded Linux environment that will help with this.

We should have a better answer for you in a few days.

Mar 20, 2008 5:35pm

Thanks, Al:

From my experince today, it does seem intermittant. On about half the boots, the BUG seems not to recognize the LCD. I’ve had consistent success (but a small sample size) in getting it to open an ap