BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUG SDK Logins...

Subscribe to Logins...  4 posts, 2 voices

Mar 20, 2008 1:32am
Img_missing_medium kitplummer 7 posts

Hey crew.

A quick nit. I signed up for an account with buglabs using my OpenID. That’s great to see. But, that’s preventing my from logging in through Eclipse. Also, It kinda stinks that I have to create another account here in the forums. The latter really isn’t too big of a deal, but I’d like to be able to login somehow inside Eclipse.

Kit

Mar 20, 2008 12:16pm
Medium Bug Labs team bballantine 56 posts

kitplummer,

Thanks for the feedback.

OpenID is a browser based authentication system and the web services on which the SDK is built do not require a web browser. So, currently, all BUG users need to provide a username and password in the SDK. We hope to improve this experience over the next few months. We are also planning to add OpenID to our forum and wiki soon, so you’ll be able to log in with your OpenID URL to all of our sites.

Cheers

Mar 20, 2008 2:48pm
Img_missing_medium kitplummer 7 posts

Understand the Eclipse problem. How do I add a username to my profile – so I don’t have to create a new account?

Mar 20, 2008 3:39pm
Medium Bug Labs team bballantine 56 posts

You should have a username. I’m not sure how you created an account w/o the normal registration mechanism. We purposely disabled creating the account just via OpenID because of the SDK thing.

After you log in to buglabs.net, you should see a message in the upper right corner that reads "welcome <username>". That’s the username you can login with. If you forgot your password, make sure your email address is valid, and then go to http://buglabs.net/users/<username>/change_password. After that, you should be able to use your username and password in the bug SDK.

If you still have problems, email me directly at brian [at] buglabs.net with the username you want and your openid url, and I’ll adjust things for you.

Thanks,

Forums BUG SDK Logins...