BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUG SDK Multiple apps in one workspace

Subscribe to Multiple apps in one workspace  7 posts, 4 voices

Feb 12, 2008 4:11pm
Medium Bug Labs team finsprings 268 posts

In the olden days, all apps in the same workspace would start up when you ran the VirtualBug. Is this still the case with the latest SDK. Is the recommendation still to maintain separate workspaces for each application that you are working on?

Feb 12, 2008 8:53pm
Medium Bug Labs team kschultz 107 posts

I found I would just close all the projects I didn’t want to run when I started it, and use one workspace.

Eventually I guess I will make all my apps be opened by the menu on the BUG but for now I haven’t done that for two reasons.
1) I’m not done with them so it would be annoying to have to open it each time on the virtual BUG that way
2) I want it to just show up for people who download something off BUGnet for the first time, if they have to go digging through the menus they might get frustrated, so until they are on people’s actual BUGs, no menus for me. I guess that is a side question, but it is along the lines of "every time I plug my LCD in 20 apps pop up".

Feb 12, 2008 8:55pm
Medium Bug Labs team finsprings 268 posts

Closing the projects didn’t use to help, IIRC. Good if it does now.

Mar 19, 2008 10:15pm
Img_missing_medium tevslin 16 posts

right clicking on the projects doesn’t offer a close. choosing the projects and then close from the File menu doesn’t seem to have any effect. So I still see all projects in the workspace loaded into the virtual bug.

am running the SDK on Windows XP 32 bit.

Mar 20, 2008 11:24am
Medium Bug Labs team mcaric 64 posts

Hi Tevslin,

I can close the projects on my XP environment – after right clicking on an open project in the Project Explorer view, the option to Close Project is listed under Refresh. Could you take another look at this and let me know if that works?

Thanks,
Melinda

Mar 20, 2008 11:32am
Img_missing_medium tevslin 16 posts

Yup and it works.

I must’ve been too bleery last night to see that.

Thank you.

Mar 20, 2008 11:47am
Medium Bug Labs team mcaric 64 posts

Glad to hear it, thanks for checking!

Forums BUG SDK Multiple apps in one workspace