BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUG SDK Unable to download app (FC8)

Subscribe to Unable to download app (FC8)  6 posts, 3 voices

Jan 23, 2008 1:20am
Medium Bug Labs team finsprings 268 posts

I created a Fedora Core 8 VM on my MacBook, installed the latest 3.3.1 Eclipse Classis, the 3.3.1 GEF and the Bug SDK. My apps are working fine in the VirtualBug, but if I click on one of the apps in the bugnet tab, I get a dialog that says:

"Could not initialize the browser’s security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your browser’s profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the browser and fix the problem. If you continue to use this browser session, you might see incorrect browser behaviour when accessing security features."

Then, when I ok that dialog, it comes up with:

"Firefox can’t connect securely to buglabs.net because the SSL protocol has been disabled."

Finally, when I okay that, I see in my terminal window (from which I ran eclipse):

"java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: about at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:574) at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464) at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413) at com.buglabs.dragonfly.ui.editors.BrowserEditor$1.urlToMap(Unknown Source) at com.buglabs.dragonfly.ui.editors.BrowserEditor$1.completed(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.OnStateChange(Mozilla.java:2032) at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla$7.method3(Mozilla.java:1037) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.mozilla.XPCOMObject.callback3(XPCOMObject.java:259) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._g_main_context_iteration(Native Method) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.g_main_context_iteration(OS.java:1487) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2969) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466) at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461) at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
"

- which may or may not be related, but it wasn’t there until I pressed Ok on that second dialog box.

I have the official JDK 1.6.0_04 installed and set my path and JAVA_HOME to use it rather than the 1.7 IcedTea that’s in FC8 by default.

I turned the firewall off during install, but I left SELinux alone. All file in my Firefox profile directory are owned by my account and most are 644.

Any ideas as to what I need to tweak?

Jan 23, 2008 6:58am
Medium Bug Labs team kgilmer 215 posts

Finsprings,

What’s the build # on the SDK? The SDK now communicates to the BUGnet website via HTTPS…in the past it had been plain HTTP. This may be the cause of the problem. I’ll dig around internally and see if I can come up with something.

Jan 23, 2008 7:52am

I can check later – on another machine right now – but I pulled it from http://www.buglabs.net/sdk/testing/current/ via Eclipse last night. I did the same the day before on my MacBook directly and it was able to download apps; not sure if you guys made that change that recently.

Jan 23, 2008 9:54am
Img_missing_medium akravets 25 posts

Finsprings,

Can you refer to these links to see if there is something with the settings on your Fedora or perhaps Firefox itself:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=615679
http://kb.mozillazine.org/SSL_is_disabled

thanks,
akravets

Jan 23, 2008 10:11pm

akravets
Finsprings,

Can you refer to these links to see if there is something with the settings on your Fedora or perhaps Firefox itself:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=615679
http://kb.mozillazine.org/SSL_is_disabled

thanks,
akravets

Thanks! That first one did the trick. I actually didn't even have a ~/.mozilla/eclipse but when I mkdir'd it I was able to access bugnet from eclipse and I can see it creating cache files in there. I expect this was because I just untar'd eclipse rather than picking up an rpm.
Jan 24, 2008 12:21pm
Img_missing_medium akravets 25 posts

Nice, glad it worked out with minimal intrusion :)

Forums BUG SDK Unable to download app (FC8)