BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums BUG SDK basic application

Subscribe to basic application  7 posts, 5 voices

Jan 3, 2008 4:45pm
Img_missing_medium Orillion 2 posts

Hi,

I like the idea of the BUG. So I downloaded the necessary eclipse components and tried this:

bugcommunity . com /wiki/index.php/Create_a_basic_application

but when I start it nothing happens. I see the Virtual Bug, but it doen’t show anything.

Then I saw this:

bugcommunity . com /wiki/index.php/Run_an_application_in_Dragonfly_%28the_BUG_SDK%29

but it doesn’t help me anything, if I type "bundles" to the console, i get 23 states, but not what is described in the wiki .

Hope you can help me. Can’t do a real application if even Hello World doesn’t work… Maybe there’s a tutorial describing how to start…

2nd uestion: How can I test programms like LCD Helloworld, which I can’t get over eclipse?? i can download the *.jar file from the official bug page and then?? or maybe you can tell me a way how to find it in eclipse.
Thanks

Philipp

Jan 3, 2008 6:01pm
Medium Bug Labs team mcaric 64 posts

Hi Orillion,

After reviewing the wiki page you referenced, we realized there was some confusing information in there that could possibly have led to the problems you’re having.

I just updated the instructions, so please take another look at the ‘Create a basic application’ wiki page and follow the steps listed there. If you are still having problems getting Hello World to run, let us know and we’ll do our best to help you out.

http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/Create_a…

Thanks,
Melinda

Jan 3, 2008 9:09pm
Img_missing_medium cathyj 7 posts

Hi Orillion,
I’ve just gone through the hello world application as well and found the same thing as yourself. I found that when the Hello world is run the output from the program is hidden in all the other messages that are written to the console .

So it might be worth checking the console output. You might have been successful without even realising it

Jan 4, 2008 11:04am
Img_missing_medium Orillion 2 posts

@mcaric: thanks, but I don’t realise a difference…
@cathyj: yes, you are right :oops: maybe i should have looked better…

has anyone an idea to the 2nd prob? I’d like to test out the other programms, but I can’t import it…I can only download the BUGnet top apps directly to eclipse, how can I import the others?

EDIT: all right, import seems to work. but i don’t get a "hello world" on the lcd…

Jan 8, 2008 11:04am
Medium Bug Labs team bcruskie 45 posts

EDIT: all right, import seems to work. but i don't get a "hello world" on the lcd...

Hi Orillion,

Sorry for the delay on this one. I've looked at the issue and you are correct. However, when I shorten the output to just "Hello" it appears on the Virtual BUG status bar. If I make the length any longer the message fails to appear.

Please give that a try (the edits are made on lines 44 and 49 of LCDHellowordServiceTracker.java) .

I'm going to enter a defect to have this looked into. This application was working properly in our first beta release of the SDK.

Thanks for the feedback!
Jan 11, 2008 10:33am
Medium Bug Labs team bcruskie 45 posts

Defect 83 has been created in Bugzilla.

Orillion, have you had a chance to run this again with the edits from my last post?

Jan 22, 2008 2:51pm
Img_missing_medium Josh 6 posts

The line editing works for me in Eclipse :)

I wondered why it wouldn’t work before!

Forums BUG SDK basic application