Forums Suggestion Box Product Packaging

Subscribe to Product Packaging  4 posts, 3 voices

• Voices:
  • Alphamacaroon
  • jennyw
  • Smartkid

Jan 6, 2009 2:07pm
Img_missing_medium Alphamacaroon 6 posts

Just received my BUGbase and a few modules yesterday and when I opened the package I noticed that the base and the modules had fallen out of their little "cubby" holes and had been rattling around freely in the box. Unfortunately as they were rattling around during shipment, they bumped into each other and scratched the cases all up. Hopefully the damage is just cosmetic and the electronics are okay.

Anyway, I would suggest you taking another look at the inside of the packaging design. When the clamshell is closed there is a void in the middle where any sort of shock to the box could cause the components to fall out and move around and bump into each other.

-alpha

Jan 6, 2009 6:03pm
Medium jennyw 20 posts

Hi alpha,

Thanks for the suggestion, we will definitely keep this in mind.

Did your box have a big piece of foam over the module half? I'm just wondering if you did and the modules still all fell out, or whether your box somehow went out without that foam. Here's a picture of what it's supposed to look like:

http://flickr.com/photos/roland/3087953739/in/set-72157610837577626

~Jenny
Jan 6, 2009 10:06pm
Img_missing_medium Smartkid 4 posts

When I received my bug it was fine and I have to say I was impressed the packaging was pretty :D

Jan 8, 2009 2:55pm
Img_missing_medium Alphamacaroon 6 posts

Yeah I believe that foam piece was missing from the packaging and thats why it happened. Thanks for the info.

Forums Suggestion Box Product Packaging