BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

Forums Suggestion Box posting URLs

Subscribe to posting URLs  5 posts, 3 voices

Jan 21, 2008 3:11pm
Img_missing_medium jlerner 1 post

Seems like you can’t post suggestions with URLs in them if you haven’t posted something else first (like this!) and then waited a day… The URLs in question would be a reference to something relevant :(

Jan 21, 2008 3:57pm
Medium Bug Labs team agordon 74 posts

Hi, jlerner. First of all: Welcome aboard!

Unfortunately, we had to implement this control as part of an anti-spam suite. Prior to putting this limitation in, we saw some pretty disgusting spam from automated bots. After implementing, we’re doing a lot better as far as forum-spam goes.

Our current settings allow for posting of URLs after only just one day and one post, which are a lot less restrictive than the defaults. We’re hoping we won’t need to crank these settings back up, as we understand the frustration that such a system can cause.

Jun 5, 2008 5:08pm
Img_missing_medium rfsun 4 posts

It would be helpful to have the relevant contact info listed in the error message that appears. I’m unable to post urls even though I meet the criteria, so I’ve been trying to contact admin and info@buglabs but have yet to get a response.

Jun 5, 2008 5:33pm
Medium Bug Labs team agordon 74 posts

Thanks for the input. I’ll look into it.

Your post above is showing as only your second post. Can you try posting something now (which would be your third) with a URL in it?

Jun 5, 2008 6:35pm
Img_missing_medium rfsun 4 posts

Third time’s a charm.

Forums Suggestion Box posting URLs