We have an interesting new project released in BUGnet. BUGdash is a web-based admin tool for managing software and viewing settings on BUG. It allows users to manage apps and view information without having to download SDK or use terminal. It's very much like Control Panel or System Preferences, but tailored to BUG. We hope that it will make using BUG more enjoyable and fun.
Here's a quick list of features: http://bugcommunity.com/wiki/index.php/BUGdash#Features
Sounds good. How do I get it?
- Download com.buglabs.osgi.sewing and BUGdash from BUGnet.
- Make sure your BUG is on your network (via USB connection or WiFi module). From your browser, go to http://your_bug_address/admin.
- That's it. If everything goes well, you should see an overview screen.
We welcome any suggestions and feedback. BUGdash has been primarily developed using Firefox 3.0+ but we plan to do more extensive browser testing down the road.
I should also mention these awesome projects that helped building BUGdash
- BugAdmin by switch
- BUGUpgrade by jconnolly
- com.buglabs.osgi.sewing and SimpleRESTClient by bballantine
- ConfigAdminWeb by JOcanto
- ShellService by kgilmer
And many thanks to Mateo for the superb design as always!
If you have any questions, feel free to post comments or email me at amie [at] buglabs.net. Have fun!