BUG Community

Welcome! Log In

FarMcKon's Blog

Open Source head to head

created on: 05/01/11As part of research and development (aka R&D to those in the industry) I ordered an Ultimate Beagle Gadget Pack from our friends over at Liquidware.  As one of the new wave of Bug-gneers that joined this winter/spring, I want to get a good understanding of our friends and competitors in the embedded Linux world.  Of course, as an open source company many of our friends our our competitors, which is really cool. It's Especially cool when you can inspire new ideas across company, team, and international borders.

I'd rant about 'marginal cost of software', Syndicalism, and Eben Moglen here but I better not.  I think  folks are here for the hardware, not for the hobby armchair economic and philosophy. People are here for open source development,  for quality hardware/software platform, and for the creative new ideas Bug dreams up. 

In the spirit of the second, this is the opening post of 'Open Source Head to Head' series.  It will be a sporatic series, coming ont when I have time and a new toy, where I'll be comparing Bug Labs products with those of our friends, competitors, and collaborators.  This will include projects and products we use in development, competing products, and contrasting approaches to design.

I'm calling these 'Head to Head' because both meanings of that apply to Open Source development.  As a solutions company we are competing on an open market.  We aim to have the best ideas, and to make the best platform for  our customers to build on top of.  However at the exact same time, we are constantly sharing ideas with the entire world at the speed of our own innovation. And we, in return, and getting great ideas shared back as quickly as we put them out. I think that is a powerful combination of incentives, and a fantatic model for driving innovation for our company, and for the whole human race.

It almost goes without saying that I'm going to give the fairest assessment I can. Not only because it's the right thing to do, but because as developers and engineers we learn from our mistakes and shortcomings. Being honest and clear about that is good for science, and good for customers.  But  of course as a Bug-gineer, I'm may be a little tiny bit bias'd (Bug Rules!) in my review despite my best effort to be neural.  

(Image courtesy of DoubleM2 on Fickr, licensed as CC BY 2.0. Thx DoubleM2!)

Post Comments

Add Your Comment!

erz?hlt 'de Nigger mir, sie ist de wustest kochen im Staat . " " Guter Gott ! Warum michael kors handbags outlet store gehen sie nicht ein weiteres Koch kaufen? " Michael Kors wallets cheap " Huccome po ' w'ite M��ll kaufen keine Michael Kors purse outlet Nigger ? Dey ain bei de
Unterst��tzen 2014 Michael Kors , IST Kohls Gutscheincodes 30% jetzt Kommen Markt michael kors outlet online store sale us auf your asistance zum Geschenk SIE einen Preisvorteil Michael Kors outlet store von 30% in ��ber Ihrem Warenkorb . Profitieren michael kors watches on sale SIE jetzt und genie ? En
kommen shopping michael kors watches auf ? Wir couldn'tget bald zu Hause genug. Michael Kors outlet online sale Ich w��rde eher auf einen Haufen als Krieg Michael Kors bags nach Europa zu gehen. "" Also w��rde ich, Michael Kors outlet handbags jed

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice post thanks for sharing.sales training Sydney

You’ve written nice post I am gonna bookmark this page thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here. buy hydrocodone online ,

I was delighted to find this web site.I wanted to thank you for your time reading this wonderful! I really enjoyed every bit of it and I've marked to ensure that the blog post something new. buy ritalin online

I'm still learning from you, but I try to reach my goals. Since then enjoy reading all the information that appears on your blog.Keep come. Loved it!
buy phentermine online

This is like my fourth time stopping over your Blog. Normally I do not make comments on website but I have to mention that this post really pushed me to do so. Really great post . buy Xanax online,

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
buy hydrocodone online

I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice post
buy codeine online

Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time
buy phentermine online

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
buy vicodin es online

Nice to share my love is wonderful to tell you that a hsealthy green gives you the best Organic vitamins, herbal remedies and organic supplements.
Buy xanax online

The idea behind this article is excellent, Thanks for sharing.

buy k25 online

The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time. Thanks buy hydrocodone online

Thanks for your post, I like this post very much. buy dilaudid online

I think this is a great website, specially when searching for that specific topic.

buy phentermine online

I loved the post a lot. This is really great blog, I always find worth reading stuff here. Thanks to writer.

buy adderall online

buy lortab online

But I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice post
buy codeine online

» All comments
» Comments RSS